Obtaining Municipal Lien Certificates

To request a Municipal Lien Certificate (MLC) we require that you provide us with the following information:
  • Map and parcel
  • Name and address of owner
  • Specify Sale / Refinance/ Foreclosure (If sale, closing date, and new owner name(s))
  • Check for $25 (per parcel)
  • Self-addressed stamped envelope
Note: We do not give verbal information on taxes, please request a Municipal Lien Certificate.

Questions & Mailing Address
Any other questions please contact the Treasurer / Collector's Office at 978-356-6610. Mail your request to:
Treasurer/Collector's Office
P.O. Box 608
25 Green St.
Ipswich, MA 01938

Map & Parcel Information

If you need to obtain map and parcel information, please contact the Assessor's Office at 978-356-6603.