- Typically held at 7:00 p.m. on at least one Thursday of every month in Town Hall. Please contact the Department of Planning and Development for more information and refer to the Board's meeting schedule and submission deadline calendar below. Please also refer to the Planning Division webpage for additional information.
- Staff Contact: Ethan Parsons. 978-356-6607 x1 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Town Hall
25 Green St.
Ipswich, MA 01938
- 2022 Planning Board Meeting Schedule/Submission Deadlines
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Members- appointed by Town Manager
- Carolyn Britt (2023), Chair
- Helen Weatherall ( 2024)
- Mitchell Lowe (2024)
- Jeff Anderson (2025)
- Toni Mooradd (2025)
- Laurie Paskavitz, Associate (2023)
About the BoardThe Planning Board consists of 5 regular members and one associate member. The Town Manager appoints regular members to 5-year terms and the associate member to a 2-year term. The Board has full time staff located in the Department of Planning and Development Office of Town Hall.
Purpose & AuthorizationThe Ipswich Planning Board is authorized under the Massachusetts General Laws to regulate the laying out and construction of ways in subdivisions, conducting site plan review, and certain special permits, with the goal of ensuring the safety, convenience and well being of the present and future residents of Ipswich. To accomplish this goal, the Board also collaborates with residents, business owners, other boards and departments, institutions and others to write and implement transportation, land use, economic development and other plans, regulations and policies. The Board is responsible for reviewing special projects, such as scenic road alterations.
Applications & FormsApplication forms and Rules and Regulations for special permits, site plan review, subdivisions (both preliminary and definitive), adequacy of access, scenic road, and approval not required (Form A) are available for download under the Planning Division webpage.
For more information about the Board or about information on this page, please contact Director of Planning & Development, Ethan Parsons, at
email@example.com or 978-356-6607 x1.