Schedule an Inspection
CHANGES TO INSPECTIONS DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC
STARTING MARCH 16, 2020 and UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- CALL THE INSPECTION REQUEST LINE AT 978-356-6605 EXT 1
- Inspectors will not enter occupied homes or apartments.
- Inspectors will call to go over what will be required.
- Pictures or videos texted, emailed - facetime or skype
- New construction, full gut renovations, additions and exterior inspections can take place as long as social distancing is observed. Masks should be worn.
- The work area must be clear of all people in advance of inspection.
- Use of inspection alternatives are at Inspectors discretion.
Building inspections are done weekday mornings and Monday through Thursday afternoons (Fridays we close at noon).
- Sheet Metal/ Mechanical inspections are done by Building Inspectors
- When requested Building Inspectors can call a half hour prior to arrival.
Plumbing, Gas & Electrical inspections are done Monday, Wednesday & Thursday mornings.
Inspection requests left by 8:00am on inspection days can usually be done that day.
We will call you if we cannot honor your request
There are no on time appointments
Call 978-356-6605 ext. 1 to access the inspection request line
At the tone specify:
- Building – Plumbing – Gas or Electrical
- The day you are requesting
- Morning or afternoon for building inspections
- Street address
- Type of inspection
- Name and phone number in case the inspector needs to contact you
- Sheet Metal/ Mechanical Inspections can be combined with Building Rough and Final Inspections.