The purpose of the Public Safety Property Re-Use Working Group is to provide community leaders and Ipswich residents with a variety of potential uses for the existing Police Station building and parcel located at 15 Elm Street and Fire Station building and parcel located at 55 Central Street should the Town vote to support the construction of a new combined Public Safety Building on Pineswamp Road.
Develop the best potential uses for the existing Police and Fire Station buildings and parcels to be presented to the Select Board prior to the 2022 Annual Town Meeting.
- Research and develop best possible uses for the current Town-owned buildings and land for the Police Station, 15 Elm Street, and Fire Station, 55 Central Street, should a new Public Safety Building be constructed,
- Consider potential costs, as well as revenue opportunities from the lease or sale of these buildings and how those funds may be used to pay down existing debt or finance other town needs.
- Propose a new location for the Community Gardens currently located on the proposed location of the new Public Safety Building
- Present options to the Select Board.
- Linda Alexson, Select Board Member
- Jeff Porier, School Committee Member
- Michael Dougherty , Finance Committee Member
- Laurie Paskavitz, Planning Board Member
- Paul Seaman, Local Business Owner
- Scott Glosserman, Local Business Owner
- Gordon Harris, Historical Committee or Ipswich Museum Member
- Janet Craft, Garden Club or Shade Tree Committee Member
- Donald Greenough, Affordable Housing Trust Fund or Ipswich Housing Partnership Member
- VACANCY, Citizen at Large
- John Sarni, Citizen at Large